MEET A FEW OF THE AMAZING TEACHER AND STUDENT PRESENTERS WHO WILL BE AT THE 2019 SOCIAL STUDIES CONFERENCE (and please click on the sidebar to the left for more information on the 2019 NNCSS Conference):
- Whitney Foehl: Cinderella Story
- Aaron Grossman and students Kaitlyn and Olivia: Juicy Sentences
- Amy Henderson: Brighten Your Social Studies Practice with 21st Century Tools
This site is now maintained by NNCSS. For inquiries, contact Angela Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project TAHOE reflects the committed work of teachers from Northern Nevada since 2006. The work began through Teaching American History Grants and continues because many Social Studies teachers in our region have experienced the benefits of teacher collaboration and of creating and implementing high leverage, rigorous lessons that engage ALL students in the work of thinking like historians.
All grade-level lessons are are aligned to Common Core State Standards and to our Nevada Content Standards (NVACs if you live in Nevada).
A few things to note as you browse the site:
The menu in the left hand column includes documents and descriptions of types of lessons included on the site. The drop down menu is where you will find lessons specific to the grade/s you teach.
For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser. It’s best to download resources prior to printing.
Types of Lessons available on the website:
- Close Readings
- “One Pagers” (brief close reading exercises)
- Document Based Questions
- OUTs “Opening Up the Textbook”
- Research Based Discussion Strategies
- Controversial Issue Lessons
- Argumentative Writing Lessons
- Evidence Ranking Activities
- Inquiry Lessons (aligned to new state SS standards and being uploaded as they become available)
Specific Lessons identified as resources in the Washoe County School District Scope and Sequences are asterisked and in bold.
Resources are added periodically.
We hope you and your students enjoy these lessons.