For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
All of the resource links on this page are supplementary to the Kindergarten:
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- How Can We Be Responsible and Cooperate in Our Classroom?
- Why Aren’t Rules the Same for Everyone?
- Do I Have to Like Everyone?
- How Do Maps Talk to Us?
- What Makes Holidays and Traditions Special?
- How Have Our School Communities Changed Over Time?
C3 INQUIRY LESSONS
- Why Do I Have to Be Responsible?
- What Makes Holidays Special?
- Is Everyone Unique?
- Which is Better, a Map or a Globe?
- Why Can’t We Ever Get Everything We Need and Want?
- Do We Still Need Paper Maps?
- Are All Rules Good Rules?
READ ALOUD PROJECT LESSONS (Requires outside texts)
- Dear Juno
- Diego Rivera: His World and Ours
- For You Are a Kenyan Child
- How My Family Lives in America
- The Boxcar Children
- Thunder Cake
- Wangari’s Trees of Peace
READ ALOUDS TO BUILD KNOWLEDGE AND VOCABULARY (Requires outside texts)
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSON
CORE KNOWLEDGE DBQs
- Core Knolwedge DBQ Columbus and the Pilgrims
- Core Knowledge DBQ Colonial Workers
- Core Knowledge DBQ Farm
- Core Knowledge DBQ Kings and Queens
- Core Knowledge DBQ Presidents and American Symbols
CORE KNOWLEDGE ZOOM INS
- Core Knowledge Zoom In Kings and Queens
- Core Knowledge Zoom In Columbus and the Pilgrims
- Core Knowledge Zoom In Colonial Towns and Townspeople
- Core Knowledge Zoom In Farms