For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
GLOBAL STUDIES LESSONS
- Conflict Minerals in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Understanding Armed Conflict
- Push and Pull Factors & Human Rights
- Global Studies- Renewable vs. Nonrenewable Energy
- Gold, Diamonds, Ferraris- Oh My! What Does It Really Mean to Be Rich? A Look at Standard of Living
- Global Issue Brief
GLOBAL STUDIES SIMULATIONS- DIPLOMACY.STATE.GOV
- TEACHER DIRECTIONS for conducting simulations below
- International Migration Crisis: Human Rights and Border Security
- Nuclear Crisis: Non-Proliferation and National Security
- Freshwater Crisis: Energy Security and Economic Growth
- International Wildlife Trafficking: Plight of the Pangolins
- Global Counterfeit Trade: The High Cost of Cheap Goods
- HIV/ AIDS Crisis: Global Health and Development
- Peacebuilding: The Challenge of Darfur
- Crisis in Our Oceans: Negotiating a Solution to Protect Our Food
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSONS
- The Peopling of Our Planet- Population Growth
- A Demographically Divided World- Fertility and Life Expectancy
- The Human-Made Landscape- Land Use
- The Carbon Crunch- The Global Environment
- Meeting Human Needs
- Where Do We Grow From Here?
- Almighty Aquifers
- All in the Family
- Chips of Trade
- More the Merrier?
- Population Circle
- Pop Quiz- The U.S. & World Population Trends
- Why is Access to Water Unequal In and Around Mexico City?
- Why Does Hazardous Child Labor Continue to Exist in Nepal?
- Is Post-Apartheid South Africa Living Up to Its Promises?
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- Do Peace Treaties Achieve Peace? (The Treaty of Versailles)
- Does the Statue of Liberty Represent American Values?
- Is Greed Good? (The Gilded Age)
- Was American Expansion Abroad Justified?
- Mini Inquiry- How Did D-Day Change the Course of the War, and Potentially the Course of History?
- How Might the Struggles of the Great Depression Been Limited or Prevented?
- It’s All About That Bass! Can Music and Art Change Society?
- How Did the Struggle for Women’s Suffrage in Nevada Compare to the Struggle Nationwide?
- From Reconstruction to Modern Issues: A Choice Project (Mini Inquiries)
- Should Freedom Be Sacrificed in the Name of National Security? (Japanese American Internment)
- Gold, Diamonds, Ferraris- Oh My! What Does it Really Mean to Be Rich? A Look at Standard of Living
- Can Nations Own the Sea?
- Black Sunday April 14 1935
- Migrant Mother
- The Red Baron Scores Two Victories
- The Sedition Act
- Wilson’s Reasons for entering WWI
- WWI Gas Attack
- Sacco And Vanzetti
- Were Lewis and Clark Respectful to the Natives They Encountered on Their Journey?
- How Has Fashion Reflected Gender Roles in American Society?
- What Role Did the Movies Play in Forming a New Generation of Youth After WWI?
- Were Industrialists Good for America?
- Was the US justified in dropping the Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki Readings?
- Was the Indian Removal Act Constitutional?
- Individuals as instruments of change in the 1930s
- Japanese Americans in the Military During WWII
- Was the Internment of Japanese-Americans Constitutional?
- Joseph McCarthy and the First Amendment
- Reparations for Slavery
- *Robber Barons or Captains of Industry?
- *Should Franklin D Roosevelt be remembered as a great president or a power hungry leader?
- Should the US Government spent millions of dollars on entertainment to boost the morale of soldiers and civilians during WWII?
- The Continued Debate Over Immigration Policy
- Comparing the Immigrant Experience
- The DREAM Act and the American DREAM
- Indian Removal
- In what ways did the automobile influence a drive-in society?
- How effective was the New Deal in Responding to the Dust Bowl Tragedies?
- How does technology affect society?
- How did the rules of Victorian Society Shape the Social Culture of Antebellum America?
- *How did jazz music during the 1920s reflect a change of culture for America?
- Groovin though the Decades 1850s-1940s
- Muckrackers Jigsaw
- Food Safety- Personal or Governmental Responsibility?
- Editorial Cartoons in the the Early 20th Century
- What was the role of baseball in racial integration?
- Are Athletes Role Models?
- Why were Japanese Americans interned?
- Who was more American: Japanese Americans who dissented against internment or those that supported the war effort?
- Why did America Drop the Atomic Bomb?
- Did Roosevelt know about the attack on Pearl Harbor prior to December 7, 1941?
- Defeating the League of Nations Exemplar Final
- American Indians and Buffalo Soldiers
- Declaration of Sentiments Exemplar Final Draft
- Executive Order 9066 Exemplar Final
- Eyewitness to the Holocaust
- FDR’s, “A Day That Will Live in Infamy” speech
- Hyphenated Americanism
- The Jungle Exemplar Final Draft
- Memories recalled by a 49er woman for her daughter
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
- Indian Boarding Schools Tools of Forced Assimilation
- Justice For All Segregation in the US
- Separate But Equal
- The Lasting Effect of Jim Crow
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, was the internment of Japanese citizens justified?
- Did Abolitionism help cause the Civil War?
- Does Lincoln deserve the title the Great Emancipator?
- Japanese Internment: National Security or Racial Prejudice?
- Migrating West During the American Dustbowl
- The Chinese Exclusion Act Writing Foldable and Rubric
- The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- The primary reason that the U.S. did not get involved earlier in stopping the Holocaust in WWII was anti-Semitism.
- Was Reconstruction a success or failure for African Americans?
- Was slavery the most important cause of the Civil War?
- Was the 1893 Overthrow of the Hawaiian Monarchy Justified?
- Was the South justified in seceding from the Union after the election of 1860?
- Was the United States Justified in Going to War against Mexico?
- What factors eventually led to the Cherokee removal and the Trail of Tears?
- Why was the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire of 1911 a disaster of epic proportions and how did it create changes in law?
“OUTS” OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK
- Zimmerman Note
- Women’s Roles in WWI
- Virginia City and the Comstock Lode
- What Really Happened at Fort Sumpter?
- Hitler Youth
- Women’s Suffrage
- Early 20th Century Rush of Immigrants Infographic
- Election Propaganda Infographic
- Imperialsim Infographic with Questions
ACHIEVE THE CORE TEXT SETS
- Discussion Strategy: Japanese Internment
- Summary Bullseye: The Gilded Age & The Progressive Era
- Summary Bullseye: WWI
- Summary Bullseye: U.S. Westward Expansion
Reparations Test 8DL-Reparations-for-Slavery