For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
- Important Instruction About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
- AMERICA- Authority & Power, Media & Public Opinion, Economics, Rights & Responsibilities, International, Constitution & Laws, Area & Region
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSON
- Fast Food in the American Psyche (Psychology)
- Should schools restrict students freedom of Expression
- Building a Mosque at Ground Zero
- Citizenship and the 14th Amendment
- US v Lopez readings
- U.S. v Lopez
- Did Ronald Reagan End the Cold War?
- What is the correct interpretation of the Establishment Clause
- Federalism, The Tenth Amendment, Medical Marijuana
- Is Healthcare a Right
- Is Title IX Gender Biased
- School Uniforms
- Should States be allowed to draft their own immigration legislation?
- Student Speech in Print and Online
- The Greater Good vs Individual Rights within the Scope of War
- The Impact of Presidential Decisions
- Torture and the 8th Amendment
- The Daily Show’s Effect on American politics and political culture
- War Powers Act and the Constitution
- The DREAM Act and the American DREAM
- Does the Defense of Marriage Act Promote the Health Safety, Morals, and General Welfare of the Public?
- Federalist 10
- Going Nowhere: A Gridlocked Congress Final
- Griswold v Connecticut Final
- Jihad v McWorld Final
- Security Versus Civil Liberties Exemplar Final
- The Selling of the President Exemplar Final
- Americas Missing Constitutional Link
- Economic Fight of the Century
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- Do presidential term limits set by the 22nd Amendment violate the concept of democracy?
- How did Berlin symbolize the global struggle between the free world and the communist world during the Cold War?
- Should Citizens be allowed to carry weapons?
- What successes and failures culminated in US and Chinese rapprochement during the Nixon Administration
OUTS “OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK”
- Constructing a Complex Definition of Constitution
- Constructing a Complex Definition of Democracy
- Constructing a Complex Definition of Political Parties 2016
- Classical v Hellenistic Sculpture Infographic (AP art History) with questions
- Federalism Infographic
- Federalism Infographic Questions
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- How Might Sweatshops Impact a Country?
- Is the War on Drugs a Success?
- How Do Politicians Use Voter Demographics to Their Benefit?
- Mini Inquiry- Slavery & Founding Documents
- Mini Inquiry- Equality of Opportunity in America
- Does Money Matter in Political Campaigns?
- Do Any Political Parties Represent Me?
- What Drives You to the Polls?
- Should Corporations Have a Conscience?
- How Could Americans Be Happier? (Economic Happiness)
- What Should Be Done About the Gender Wage Gap?
- Is Free Trade Worth the Price?
- How Should We Talk with North Korea?
FINANCIAL LITERACY RESOURCE OPTIONS