For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- In What Ways Did the Iroquois Nation Build an Advanced Civilization?
- Does Everyone Have the Same Opportunity for the American Dream & Does the American Dream Still Exist?
- What Was the Greatest Motivation for Explorers to Take Risks in Order to Discover the New World?
- What is the Greatest Legacy of Benjamin Franklin?
- Should Puerto Rico Be a State?
- Social Media, Why Can’t I Post That?
- Did the French Lose Out in North America?
- How Did Sugar Feed Slavery?
- Why Do Countries Declare Independence? (The Declaration of Independence)
- Is Betrayal Always Bad? King George III vs. George Washington
FINANCIAL LITERACY RESOURCE OPTIONS
UNIT PLANS AND RESOURCES
- Grade 5 United States Government Unit Plan
- Grade 5 Liberty Unit
- Grade 5 Colonial Life Unit
- Grade 5 Colonial Life Lesson 4 Jigsaw Readings
WE THE PEOPLE CORE-ALIGNED TEACHER’S GUIDE
- 5DL Did the Constitution include protections for slavery and slaveholders?
- 5DL Did the Constitution Represent Women?
- 5DL Free Speech Inside the Schoolhouse Gate?
- 5DL Slavery and the Culture of Colonial America
- 5DL What Impact Did European Explorers have on Native American Culture?
- 5DL What roles did women play in establishing American colonies?
- 5DL When should national security precede individual rights?
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- 5DBQ Being a Child on the Trail was a wonderful adventure!
- Intro to DBQ What did Europeans see New World and Natives
GRADE 5 “OUTS” OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK
GRADE 5 VISUAL ANALYSIS
- Penn’s Treaty Zoom In
- State of Nature Zoom In (WTP 1.4)
- American Colonies Question Formulation Technique
ACHIEVE THE CORE TEXT SETS
- 5 Growing Up in the Early Colonies
- 5 Salem Witch Trials
- 5 Spies of the Revolution
- 5 Women in the American Revolution