For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
Want to use any of these resources? Please check this out first:
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- What’s the Real Story of the First Thanksgiving?
- How Did the Citizens of America and the World Unite After the Tragedy of September 11, 2001?
- How Has the Star Spangled Banner Become a Symbol for What America Stands For?
- Should Kids Have to Work a Full-Time Job? Child Labor in the Industrial Revolution
- How Should We Remember Abraham Lincoln?
- How Has the Civil Rights Movement Contributed to Our Freedoms Today?
- How Did America’s Founders Impact the Birth of Our Nation?
C3 INQUIRY LESSONS
- Economic Interdependence- What Makes Me Become We?
- How Do We Shape Our Environment?
- Is the Relationship Between People and Rivers Good or Bad?
- What Symbol Best Represents the U.S.?
- How Would Our Lives Be Different If We Lived in a Different Kind of Community?
READ ALOUD PROJECT LESSONS (Requires outside texts)
- 14 Cows for America
- Amelia and Eleanor Go For a Ride
- My Side of the Mountain
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
- The Ox-Cart Man
- Rachel Carson and Her Book that Changed the World
- Sit In
- The Keeping Quilt
READ ALOUDS TO BUILD KNOWLEDGE AND VOCABULARY (Requires outside texts)
- Let the Children March
- If a Bus Could Talk (The Story of Rosa Parks)
- Her Right Foot
- Libba, the Magnificent Musical Life of Elizabeth Cotten
CORE KNOWLEDGE DBQs
- Core Knowledge DBQ Ancient Greek Civilizations
- Core Knowledge DBQ Greek Myths
- Core Knowledge DBQ Early Asian Civilizations
- Core Knowledge DBQ Immigration
- Core Knowledge DBQ The Civil War
- Core Knowledge DBQ War of 1812
- Core Knowledge DBQ Westward Expansion
- Core Knowledge DBQ Fighting for a Cause
CORE KNOWLEDGE ZOOM INS