For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
Want to use any of these resources? Please check this out first:
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PERSIA Curriculum Framework Documents
- Culture Concept Lesson
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- How Have the Governments of Greece and Rome Influenced the Development of the United States Government?
- What is So Important About a River? Investigating the Nile
- Location, Location, Location: How Much Did Location Matter to the World’s Ancient Civilizations?
- Why Shouldn’t We Ignore Africa?
- Was the Development of Agriculture Good for Humans?
- What Defines a People? (Ancient Hebrews)
- Are the Olympics About More Than Sports?
- Did the Chinese and Romans Know Each Other?
- What Do the Buried Secrets of Tenochtitlan Tell Us About the Aztecs?
- What Makes a Complex Society Complex? (Maya, Aztec, Inca)
ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS UNITS
- Ancient Egypt Final Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Inquiry Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Unit – student form
- The Code of Hammurabi
- Ancient Egypt Primary Sources Close Read
- Black Ships Before Troy Story of the Iliad
- Spartan Families
- The Caste System
- Concepts of Magic in Medieval Europe
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- DBQ Comparative Study of Athens Sparta and Rome
- DBQ Mansa Musa Lesson Plan ( From the Stanford History Education Group)
DBQ WRITING ORGANIZERS
- Alexander the Great
- Asoka: Ruthless Conqueror or Enlightened Ruler?
- Athens and Rome
- Why did Christianity Take Hold in the Ancient World?
- Education in Sparta
- The Fall of Rome
- The Great Wall of Ancient China
- Hammurabi’s Code
- The Maya: What was Their Most Remarkable Achievement?
- How did the Nile Shape Ancient Egypt?
- Silk Road
- Aztec Animal Deities
- Egyptian Women
- Inca Bridges
- Making An Ancient Egyptian Mummy
- Maya Astronomy
- The Barbaric Huns
- The Black Death
- Cave Art Zoom In
- Hammurabi’s code Zoom in
- Epic of Sundiata Zoom In
- The Epic of Sundiata Supplementary Reading
- Explore Ancient Greece Zoom In
- Women in Ancient Greece Zoom In
- Zoom In – First voyage
- Persian Coin Zoom In
- Sphinx Zoom In
- Gupta Empire Achievements Infographic
- Terracotta Army Zoom In
- What Was Important to King Hammurabi?
- Which Countries Should Be Included in the Middle East?
- How Did the Inca Maintain Control Over Such a Large Empire?
- Which Map Should We Use?
- Which Sources Are the Most Reliable for Learning About the Silk Road?
- What Can We Learn About Democracy From Ancient Athens?