For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
Want to use any of these resources? Please check this out first:
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- In What Ways Did the Iroquois Nation Build an Advanced Civilization?
- Does Everyone Have the Same Opportunity for the American Dream & Does the American Dream Still Exist?
- What Was the Greatest Motivation for Explorers to Take Risks in Order to Discover the New World?
- What is the Greatest Legacy of Benjamin Franklin?
- Should Puerto Rico Be a State?
- Social Media, Why Can’t I Post That?
- Did the French Lose Out in North America?
- How Did Sugar Feed Slavery?
- Why Do Countries Declare Independence? (The Declaration of Independence)
- Is Betrayal Always Bad? King George III vs. George Washington
FINANCIAL LITERACY RESOURCE OPTIONS
UNIT PLANS AND RESOURCES
- Grade 5 United States Government Unit Plan
- Grade 5 Liberty Unit
- Grade 5 Colonial Life Unit
- Grade 5 Colonial Life Lesson 4 Jigsaw Readings
WE THE PEOPLE CORE-ALIGNED TEACHER’S GUIDE
- Did the Constitution Include Protections for Slavery and Slaveholders?
- Did the Constitution Represent Women?
- Free Speech Inside the Schoolhouse Gate?
- Slavery and the Culture of Colonial America
- What Impact Did European Explorers have on Native American Culture?
- What Roles did Women Play in Establishing American Colonies?
- When Should National Security Precede Individual Rights?
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- Being a Child on the Trail was a Wonderful Adventure!
- Intro to DBQ- What did Europeans see when they looked at the New World and the Natives?
GRADE 5 OUTs (Opening Up the Textbook)
Please watch this brief video and the OUT Exemplar Video before implementing an OUT lesson:
- Introduction to OUTs
- OUT Exemplar Video: Students engage in Constructing Hoover Dam OUT
- The Boston Massacre
- Victory at Yorktown
GRADE 5 VISUAL ANALYSIS
- Penn’s Treaty Zoom In
- State of Nature Zoom In (WTP 1.4)
- American Colonies Question Formulation Technique
ACHIEVE THE CORE TEXT SETS
- Growing Up in the Early Colonies
- Salem Witch Trials
- Spies of the Revolution
- Women in the American Revolution