For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
Want to use any of these resources? Please check this out first:
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL STUDIES TEXTS
GLOBAL STUDIES LESSONS
- Conflict Minerals in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- What are the Patterns of Conflict for Countries in Turmoil and How Can Conflict Be Resolved?
- How is Availability of Clean Water a Global Problem?
- Democracies at Risk
- Understanding Armed Conflict
- Push and Pull Factors & Human Rights
- Global Studies- Renewable vs. Nonrenewable Energy
- Gold, Diamonds, Ferraris- Oh My! What Does It Really Mean to Be Rich? A Look at Standard of Living
- Global Issue Brief
GLOBAL STUDIES SIMULATIONS- DIPLOMACY.STATE.GOV
- TEACHER DIRECTIONS for conducting the simulations below
- International Migration Crisis: Human Rights and Border Security
- Nuclear Crisis: Non-Proliferation and National Security
- Freshwater Crisis: Energy Security and Economic Growth
- International Wildlife Trafficking: Plight of the Pangolins
- Global Counterfeit Trade: The High Cost of Cheap Goods
- HIV/ AIDS Crisis: Global Health and Development
- Peacebuilding: The Challenge of Darfur
- Crisis in Our Oceans: Negotiating a Solution to Protect Our Food
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSONS
- The Peopling of Our Planet- Population Growth
- A Demographically Divided World- Fertility and Life Expectancy
- The Human-Made Landscape- Land Use
- The Carbon Crunch- The Global Environment
- Meeting Human Needs
- Where Do We Grow From Here?
- Almighty Aquifers
- All in the Family
- Chips of Trade
- More the Merrier?
- Population Circle
- Pop Quiz- The U.S. & World Population Trends
- Why is Access to Water Unequal In and Around Mexico City?
- Why Does Hazardous Child Labor Continue to Exist in Nepal?
- Is Post-Apartheid South Africa Living Up to Its Promises?
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- Do Peace Treaties Achieve Peace? (The Treaty of Versailles)
- Does the Statue of Liberty Represent American Values?
- Is Greed Good? (The Gilded Age)
- Was American Expansion Abroad Justified?
- Mini Inquiry- How Did D-Day Change the Course of the War, and Potentially the Course of History?
- How Might the Struggles of the Great Depression Been Limited or Prevented?
- It’s All About That Bass! Can Music and Art Change Society?
- How Did the Struggle for Women’s Suffrage in Nevada Compare to the Struggle Nationwide?
- From Reconstruction to Modern Issues: A Choice Project (Mini Inquiries)
- Should Freedom Be Sacrificed in the Name of National Security? (Japanese American Internment)
- Gold, Diamonds, Ferraris- Oh My! What Does it Really Mean to Be Rich? A Look at Standard of Living
- How is Availability of Clean Water a Global Problem?
- Can Nations Own the Sea?
KUNR- NEVADA HISTORY LESSONS
- Black Sunday April 14, 1935
- Migrant Mother
- The Red Baron Scores Two Victories
- The Sedition Act
- Wilson’s Reasons for entering WWI
- WWI Gas Attack
- Sacco And Vanzetti
- Were Lewis and Clark Respectful to the Natives They Encountered on Their Journey?
- How Has Fashion Reflected Gender Roles in American Society?
- What Role Did the Movies Play in Forming a New Generation of Youth After WWI?
- Were Industrialists Good for America?
- Was the US justified in dropping the Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki Readings?
- Was the Indian Removal Act Constitutional?
- Individuals as instruments of change in the 1930s
- Japanese Americans in the Military During WWII
- Was the Internment of Japanese-Americans Constitutional?
- Joseph McCarthy and the First Amendment
- Reparations for Slavery
- *Robber Barons or Captains of Industry?
- *Should Franklin D Roosevelt be remembered as a great president or a power hungry leader?
- Should the US Government spent millions of dollars on entertainment to boost the morale of soldiers and civilians during WWII?
- The Continued Debate Over Immigration Policy
- Comparing the Immigrant Experience
- The DREAM Act and the American DREAM
- Indian Removal
- In what ways did the automobile influence a drive-in society?
- How effective was the New Deal in Responding to the Dust Bowl Tragedies?
- How does technology affect society?
- How did the rules of Victorian Society Shape the Social Culture of Antebellum America?
- *How did jazz music during the 1920s reflect a change of culture for America?
- Groovin though the Decades 1850s-1940s
- Muckrackers Jigsaw
- Food Safety- Personal or Governmental Responsibility?
- Editorial Cartoons in the the Early 20th Century
- What was the role of baseball in racial integration?
- Are Athletes Role Models?
- Why were Japanese Americans interned?
- Who was more American: Japanese Americans who dissented against internment or those that supported the war effort?
- Why did America Drop the Atomic Bomb?
- Did Roosevelt know about the attack on Pearl Harbor prior to December 7, 1941?
- Defeating the League of Nations Exemplar Final
- American Indians and Buffalo Soldiers
- Declaration of Sentiments Exemplar Final Draft
- Executive Order 9066 Exemplar Final
- Eyewitness to the Holocaust
- FDR’s, “A Day That Will Live in Infamy” speech
- Hyphenated Americanism
- The Jungle Exemplar Final Draft
- Memories recalled by a 49er woman for her daughter
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
- Indian Boarding Schools Tools of Forced Assimilation
- Justice For All Segregation in the US
- Separate But Equal
- The Lasting Effect of Jim Crow
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, was the internment of Japanese citizens justified?
- Did Abolitionism help cause the Civil War?
- Does Lincoln deserve the title the Great Emancipator?
- Japanese Internment: National Security or Racial Prejudice?
- Migrating West During the American Dustbowl
- The Chinese Exclusion Act Writing Foldable and Rubric
- The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- The primary reason that the U.S. did not get involved earlier in stopping the Holocaust in WWII was anti-Semitism.
- Was Reconstruction a success or failure for African Americans?
- Was slavery the most important cause of the Civil War?
- Was the 1893 Overthrow of the Hawaiian Monarchy Justified?
- Was the South justified in seceding from the Union after the election of 1860?
- Was the United States Justified in Going to War against Mexico?
- What factors eventually led to the Cherokee removal and the Trail of Tears?
- Why was the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire of 1911 a disaster of epic proportions and how did it create changes in law?
“OUTS” OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK
- Zimmerman Note
- Women’s Roles in WWI
- Virginia City and the Comstock Lode
- What Really Happened at Fort Sumpter?
- Hitler Youth
- Women’s Suffrage
- Early 20th Century Rush of Immigrants Infographic
- Election Propaganda Infographic
- Imperialsim Infographic with Questions
ACHIEVE THE CORE TEXT SETS
- Discussion Strategy: Japanese Internment
- Summary Bullseye: The Gilded Age & The Progressive Era
- Summary Bullseye: WWI
- Summary Bullseye: U.S. Westward Expansion
Reparations Test 8DL-Reparations-for-Slavery