For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
Want to use any of these resources? Please check this out first:
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
- Slavery in the Early US Infographic
- Slavery in the Early US Infographic Questions
- Reconstruction Era Infographic
- Reconstruction Era Questions
- Women’s Rights Infographic
- Women’s Rights Infographic Questions
- 1950s Superman Anti-racism Zoom In
- 80s Pop Culture Infographic
- 80s Pop Culture Infographic Questions
- Who was the more effective president- JFK or LBJ?
- The Great Society and Social Movements
- To What Extent Can Young People Make a Difference in Our Country?
- What Caused the Great Depression?
- Was the New Deal a Success or a Failure?
- Why did postwar Americans of the 1950s camp; to connect with nature, save money or protect the endangered family?
- What is the Legacy of the New Deal?
- What is Normalcy according to Harding?
- Was Dropping the Atomic Bombs on Japan Justified
- Was it Ethical to Drop the Bombs On Japan Resource
- What are the origins and influences of Rap music?
- Understanding Puritanism A Contemporary Look at Puritan America
- War Powers Act and the Constitution
- Propaganda in the Cold War
- Should the Electoral College be Eliminated?
- The Declaration of Independence vs Common Sense
- The effect of technology on children and teens
- The Equal Rights Amendment
- The NYC Soda Ban To what extent should government decide social policy
- The Three Cs of Secession
- To what extent were civil rights a priority in the Kennedy Administration?
- The Vietnam War and its impact on American Society
- Obsenity: How far is too far?
- Music and the American Identity
- Andrew Jackson: King or Champion of the Common Man?
- How will the cell phone be remembered?
- During National Emergencies what is the appropriate response government should take to maintain peace and safety?
- Collective Memory and the Re-imagining of Monuments
- Dance and Discourse: Boogie Down with History
- Analyze the New Deal
- Exploring the American Dream
- Joseph McCarthy and the First Amendment
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSON
- Abraham Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address
- Korematsu v United States
- Mencken Lost Generation Final
- NOW statements for exemplars – cut down
- Silent Spring Exemplar Final Draft
- Wealth and Trade Unions Final
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
- Affirmative Action or Reverse Racism
- African American Struggle for Equality
- Celebrity Activists and the Civil Rights Movement
- Civil Rights Turning Points in Alabama
- Is America Still Racist?
- MLK Malcolm X and Stokely Carmichael
- Segregation is Dead Agree or Disagree
- The Struggle for Mexican American Rights
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- America in the 1950s was a place of social conformity
- How did the portrayal of Jack Johnson in the media reflect the racial attitude of the United States at the turn of the 20th century?
- Should Truman have dropped the bomb?
- The U.S. planned on escalating the conflict in Vietnam prior to the second incident in the Gulf of Tonkin
- Violent v Non Violent- Which philosophy made the most sense for America in the 1960s?
- Was wartime mobilization a success due to the use of propaganda during WWII?
- Was Theodore Roosevelt deserving of the 1906 Nobel Peace Prize?
- What Are the three most important issues of the Populist Movement?
- What effect did the protest movements of the 1960s have on ending the war in Vietnam?
- WWII- The Tragedy of War is that it uses man’s best to do man’s worst
OUTS “OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK”
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- Mini Inquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Women in the Workplace
- Mini Inquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Environmental Movements
- Does Accuracy Matter in Our Collective Historical Memory? (Foot Soldier of Birmingham)
- How Do Monuments and Memorials Cloud History?
- Unexploded Bombs- Who is Responsible for Clean-Up Once War is Over?
- In What Ways, and How Much, Should the Government Regulate Industry?
- Why was the Korean War “Forgotten”?
- Is Anything New About Today’s Immigration Policy Debate?
- Why Was the U.S. on the Winning Side of WWII?
- What Made Nonviolent Protest Effective During the Civil Rights Movement?
- How Should the President Foster Economic Opportunity? (Johnson and Reagan)
- Who’s to Blame for the Great Recession?