For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
- 11I Slavery in the Early US Infographic
- 11I Slavery in the Early US Infographic Questions
- 11I Reconstruction Era Infographic
- 11I Reconstruction Era Questions
- 11I Women’s Rights Infographic
- 11I Women’s Rights Infographic Questions
- 11Z 1950s Superman Anti-racism Zoom In
- 11I 80s Pop Culture Infographic
- 11I 80s Pop Culture Infographic Questions
- 11DL Who was the more effective president JFK or LBJ?
- 11DL Why did postwar Americans of the 1950s camp; to connect with nature, save money or protect the endangered family?
- *11DL What is the Legacy of the New Deal?
- *11DL What is Normalcy according to Harding?
- *11DL Was Dropping the Atomic Bombs on Japan Justified
- 11DL Was it Ethical to Drop the Bombs On Japan Resource
- 11DL What are the origins and influences of Rap music?
- *11DL Understanding Puritanism A Contemporary Look at Puritan America
- 11DL War Powers Act and the Constitution
- 11DL Propaganda in the Cold War
- 11DL Should the Electoral College be Eliminated?
- *11DL The Declaration of Independence vs Common Sense
- 11DL The effect of technology on children and teens
- 11DL The Equal Rights Amendment
- *11DL The NYC Soda Ban To what extent should government decide social policy
- *11DL The Three Cs of Secession
- 11DL To what extent were civil rights a priority in the Kennedy Administration?
- *11DL The Vietnam War and its impact on American Society
- 11DL Obsenity: How far is too far?
- 11DL Music and the American Identity
- 11DL Andrew Jackson: King or Champion of the Common Man?
- 11DL How will the cell phone be remembered?
- *11DL During National Emergencies what is the appropriate response government should take to maintain peace and safety?
- 11DL Collective Memory and the Re-imagining of Monuments
- 11DL Dance and Discourse: Boogie Down with History
- 11DL Analyize the New Deal
- 11DL Exploring the American Dream
- *11DL Joseph McCarthy and the First Amendment
- Grade 11CR Abraham Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address
- *Grade CR11 Korematsu v United States
- *Grade CR11 Mencken Lost Generation Final
- Grade CR11 NOW statements for exemplars – cut down
- Grade CR11 Silent Spring Exemplar Final Draft
- *Grade CR11 Wealth and Trade Unions Final
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
- 11CI Affirmative Action or Reverse Racism
- *11CI African American Struggle for Equality
- 11CI Celebrity Activists and the Civil Rights Movement
- 11CI Civil Rights Turning Points in Alabama
- 11CI Is America Still Racist
- 11CI MLK Malcolm X and Stokely Carmichael
- 11CI Segregation is Dead Agree or Disagree
- 11CI The Struggle for Mexican American Rights
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- *11DBQ America in the 1950s was a place of social conformity
- 11DBQ How did the portrayal of Jack Johnson in the media reflect the racial attitude of the United States at the Turn of the 20th Century
- *11DBQ Should Truman Have Dropped the Bomb?
- 11DBQ The U.S. planned on escalating the conflict in Vietnam prior to the second incident in the Gulf of Tonkin
- 11DBQ Violent v Non Violent Which Philosophy made the most sense for America in the 1960s
- *11DBQ Was wartime mobilization a success due to the use of propaganda during WWII?
- *11DBQ Was Theodore Roosevelt deserving of the 1906 Nobel Peace Prize?
- *11DBQ What Are The Three Most Important Issues of the Populist Movement?
- *11DBQ What effect did the protest movements of the 1960s have on ending the war in Vietnam?
- 11DBQ WWII The Tragedy of War is that it uses mans best to do mans worst
OUTS “OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK”
- 11OUT American Slavery OUT
- 11OUT Cesar Chavez and the Farm Labor Movement
- 11OUT The American Space Race
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- G11 Mini Inquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Women in the Workplace
- G11 Minquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Environmental Movements
- Does Accuracy Matter in Our Collective Historical Memory? (Foot Soldier of Birmingham)
- How Do Monuments and Memorials Cloud History?
- In What Ways, and How Much, Should the Government Regulate Industry?
- Is Anything New About Today’s Immigration Policy Debate?
- Why Was the U.S. on the Winning Side of WWII?
- What Made Nonviolent Protest Effective During the Civil Rights Movement?
- How Should the President Foster Economic Opportunity? (Johnson and Reagan)
- Who’s to Blame for the Great Recession?