For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PLACES Curriculum Framework Documents
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
- Slavery in the Early US Infographic
- Slavery in the Early US Infographic Questions
- Reconstruction Era Infographic
- Reconstruction Era Questions
- Women’s Rights Infographic
- Women’s Rights Infographic Questions
- 1950s Superman Anti-racism Zoom In
- 80s Pop Culture Infographic
- 80s Pop Culture Infographic Questions
- Who was the more effective president- JFK or LBJ?
- The Great Society and Social Movements
- To What Extent Can Young People Make a Difference in Our Country?
- What Caused the Great Depression?
- Was the New Deal a Success or a Failure?
- Why did postwar Americans of the 1950s camp; to connect with nature, save money or protect the endangered family?
- What is the Legacy of the New Deal?
- What is Normalcy according to Harding?
- Was Dropping the Atomic Bombs on Japan Justified
- Was it Ethical to Drop the Bombs On Japan Resource
- What are the origins and influences of Rap music?
- Understanding Puritanism A Contemporary Look at Puritan America
- War Powers Act and the Constitution
- Propaganda in the Cold War
- Should the Electoral College be Eliminated?
- The Declaration of Independence vs Common Sense
- The effect of technology on children and teens
- The Equal Rights Amendment
- The NYC Soda Ban To what extent should government decide social policy
- The Three Cs of Secession
- To what extent were civil rights a priority in the Kennedy Administration?
- The Vietnam War and its impact on American Society
- Obsenity: How far is too far?
- Music and the American Identity
- Andrew Jackson: King or Champion of the Common Man?
- How will the cell phone be remembered?
- During National Emergencies what is the appropriate response government should take to maintain peace and safety?
- Collective Memory and the Re-imagining of Monuments
- Dance and Discourse: Boogie Down with History
- Analyze the New Deal
- Exploring the American Dream
- Joseph McCarthy and the First Amendment
POPULATION EDUCATION.ORG LESSON
- Abraham Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address
- Korematsu v United States
- Mencken Lost Generation Final
- NOW statements for exemplars – cut down
- Silent Spring Exemplar Final Draft
- Wealth and Trade Unions Final
CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE LESSONS
- Affirmative Action or Reverse Racism
- African American Struggle for Equality
- Celebrity Activists and the Civil Rights Movement
- Civil Rights Turning Points in Alabama
- Is America Still Racist?
- MLK Malcolm X and Stokely Carmichael
- Segregation is Dead Agree or Disagree
- The Struggle for Mexican American Rights
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- America in the 1950s was a place of social conformity
- How did the portrayal of Jack Johnson in the media reflect the racial attitude of the United States at the turn of the 20th century?
- Should Truman have dropped the bomb?
- The U.S. planned on escalating the conflict in Vietnam prior to the second incident in the Gulf of Tonkin
- Violent v Non Violent- Which philosophy made the most sense for America in the 1960s?
- Was wartime mobilization a success due to the use of propaganda during WWII?
- Was Theodore Roosevelt deserving of the 1906 Nobel Peace Prize?
- What Are the three most important issues of the Populist Movement?
- What effect did the protest movements of the 1960s have on ending the war in Vietnam?
- WWII- The Tragedy of War is that it uses man’s best to do man’s worst
OUTS “OPENING UP THE TEXTBOOK”
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- Mini Inquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Women in the Workplace
- Mini Inquiry: Why Didn’t it Happen That Way? Environmental Movements
- Does Accuracy Matter in Our Collective Historical Memory? (Foot Soldier of Birmingham)
- How Do Monuments and Memorials Cloud History?
- Unexploded Ordnances- Who is Responsible for Clean-Up Once War is Over?
- In What Ways, and How Much, Should the Government Regulate Industry?
- Why was the Korean War “Forgotten”?
- Is Anything New About Today’s Immigration Policy Debate?
- Why Was the U.S. on the Winning Side of WWII?
- What Made Nonviolent Protest Effective During the Civil Rights Movement?
- How Should the President Foster Economic Opportunity? (Johnson and Reagan)
- Who’s to Blame for the Great Recession?