For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing or using.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PERSIA Curriculum Framework Documents
- Culture Concept Lesson
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- How Have the Governments of Greece and Rome Influenced the Development of the United States Government?
- What is So Important About a River? Investigating the Nile
- Location, Location, Location: How Much Did Location Matter to the World’s Ancient Civilizations?
- Why Shouldn’t We Ignore Africa?
- Was the Development of Agriculture Good for Humans?
- What Defines a People? (Ancient Hebrews)
- Are the Olympics About More Than Sports?
- Did the Chinese and Romans Know Each Other?
- What Do the Buried Secrets of Tenochtitlan Tell Us About the Aztecs?
- What Makes a Complex Society Complex? (Maya, Aztec, Inca)
ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS UNITS
- Ancient Egypt Final Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Inquiry Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Unit – student form
- The Code of Hammurabi
- Ancient Egypt Primary Sources Close Read
- Black Ships Before Troy Story of the Iliad
- Spartan Families
- The Caste System
- Concepts of Magic in Medieval Europe
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- DBQ Comparative Study of Athens Sparta and Rome
- DBQ Mansa Musa Lesson Plan ( From the Stanford History Education Group)
DBQ WRITING ORGANIZERS
- Alexander the Great
- Asoka: Ruthless Conqueror or Enlightened Ruler?
- Athens and Rome
- Why did Christianity Take Hold in the Ancient World?
- Education in Sparta
- The Fall of Rome
- The Great Wall of Ancient China
- Hammurabi’s Code
- The Maya: What was Their Most Remarkable Achievement?
- How did the Nile Shape Ancient Egypt?
- Silk Road
- Aztec Animal Deities
- Egyptian Women
- Inca Bridges
- Making An Ancient Egyptian Mummy
- Maya Astronomy
- The Barbaric Huns
- The Black Death
- Cave Art Zoom In
- Hammurabi’s code Zoom in
- Epic of Sundiata Zoom In
- The Epic of Sundiata Supplementary Reading
- Explore Ancient Greece Zoom In
- Women in Ancient Greece Zoom In
- Zoom In – First voyage
- Persian Coin Zoom In
- Sphinx Zoom In
- Gupta Empire Achievements Infographic
- Terracotta Army Zoom In
- What Was Important to King Hammurabi?
- Which Countries Should Be Included in the Middle East?
- How Did the Inca Maintain Control Over Such a Large Empire?
- Which Map Should We Use?
- Which Sources Are the Most Reliable for Learning About the Silk Road?
- What Can We Learn About Democracy From Ancient Athens?