For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser while on this site. Also, it’s best to download resources prior to printing.
- Important Information About 4-12 Social Studies Instruction
- PERSIA Curriculum Framework Documents
- Culture Concept Lesson
- Scope and Sequence
- NBC Learn links
NVACS-SS ALIGNED INQUIRY LESSONS
- How Have the Governments of Greece and Rome Influenced the Development of the United States Government?
- What is So Important About a River? Investigating the Nile
- Location, Location, Location: How Much Did Location Matter to the World’s Ancient Civilizations?
- Why Shouldn’t We Ignore Africa?
- Was the Development of Agriculture Good for Humans?
- What Defines a People? (Ancient Hebrews)
- Are the Olympics About More Than Sports?
- Did the Chinese and Romans Know Each Other?
- What Do the Buried Secrets of Tenochtitlan Tell Us About the Aztecs?
- What Makes a Complex Society Complex? (Maya, Aztec, Inca)
ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS UNITS
- Ancient Egypt Final Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Inquiry Unit
- Ancient Greece and Rome Unit – student form
- Grade 6CR The Code of Hammurabi
- Grade 6CR Ancient Egypt Primary Sources Close Read
- Grade 6CR Black Ships Before Troy Story of the Iliad
- Grade 6 Spartan Families
- Grade 6CR The Caste System
- Grade 6CR Concepts of Magic in Medieval Europe
DOCUMENT BASED QUESTIONS
- DBQ Comparative Study of Athens Sparta and Rome
- DBQ Mansa Musa Lesson Plan ( From the Stanford History Education Group)
- 6OP Aztec Animal Deities
- 6OP Egyptian Women
- 6OP Gladiators
- 6OP Inca Bridges
- 6OP Making An Ancient Egyptian Mummy
- 6OP Maya Astronomy
- 6OP The Barbaric Huns
- 6OP The Black Death
- 6ZI Cave Art Zoom In
- 6ZI Hammurabi’s code Zoom in
- 6ZI Epic of Sundiata Zoom In
- 6ZI The Epic of Sundiata Supplementary Reading
- 6ZI Explore Ancient Greece Zoom In
- 6ZI Women in Ancient Greece Zoom In
- 6ZI Zoom In – First voyage
- 6ZI Persian Coin Zoom In
- 6ZI Sphinx Zoom In
- 6I Gupta Empire Achievements Infographic
- 6ZI Terracotta Army Zoom In
- What Was Important to King Hammurabi?
- Which Countries Should Be Included in the Middle East?
- How Did the Inca Maintain Control Over Such a Large Empire?
- Which Map Should We Use?
- Which Sources Are the Most Reliable for Learning About the Silk Road?
- What Can We Learn About Democracy From Ancient Athens?